Clan Little Society, Inc Policy
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
CLSi collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, date of birth, etc) for membership purposes.
- Personal Genealogical information, both living and deceased.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide CLSi with all of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register to become a member or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
CLSi may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- None at this time
How will we use your data?
CLSi collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with news letters or offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Use your ancestry chart to help other society members with their ancestry charts and genealogy functions
When CLSi processes your order, PayPal.com's service will be used for the transaction(s).
How do we store your data?
CLSi does not store your credit card or other banking information. You will login securely to the PayPal service for this functionality.
CLSi securely stores your membership data at our host.
CLSi will keep your genealogy data until you request us to remove it from our files or systems. You can request deletion of your data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that your information be removed from our files or systems.
CLSi would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
- All mailings will be from CLSi, as we will not share your details with any other company.
- You will receive information through our newsletter, which may include information about upcoming Scottish Highland Games where we may or may not have a tent presence
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop CLSi from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here to send an email to the secretary, or click on the link at the bottom of the last mailing you received from us.
What are your data protection rights?
CLSi would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request CLSi for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that CLSi correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CLSi to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that CLSi erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that CLSi restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CLSi’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CLSi transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Or write to us:
c/o Jim Lyttle
1507 Triggs Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811-2733
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – CLSi uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – CLSi uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. CLSi sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for analytics purposes.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at:
Or write to us at:
c/o Jim Lyttle
1507 Triggs Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811-2733